Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Prayer of an Unknown Confederate Soldier, aka The Creed for the Disabled



I asked God for strength that I might achieve.


I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.


I asked for health that I might do greater things.


I was given infirmity that I might do better things.


I asked for riches that I might be happy.


I was given poverty that I might be wise.


I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.


I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.


I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.


I was given life that I might enjoy all things.


I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.


Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.


I am, among all men, most richly blessed.






I asked for strength...

I asked for strength and
God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and
God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and
God gave me brawn and brains to work.
I asked for courage and
God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience and
God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
I asked for love and
God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and
God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.

My prayers have all been answered."



Author Unknown