Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

New location and new surface on May 22

It's getting hard to have the pups hold still for photos; they are moving around quite abit now and either crawl out of the container or remove themselves from the frame entirely!  Several days after birth, we place rugs in the puppy box so that they can get traction and this really seems to speed up the process of motor development.  These guys are already practicing a wobbly walk, not just pulling themselves around.  It is rather like watching a baby rock itself into forward motion, with a little stagger and there it goes!

The pups all had a trip to a new location last night-- our living room!  I thought they might appreciate sharing the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy" with me,  and they also needed a nail trim, so in 3's and 4's they experienced their first new location, and a new surface, as well.  I placed a sheet on the hardwood floor, so they could move more easily and I could clean up any little accidents.  They were also recently fed and ready for a nap, so I could snap a few pictures.

This is Kia, one of our Siamese cats.  She kept laying down next to the pups, and one crawled over and started searching for a nipple. I wasn't convinced that would end well, so I tried to shoo Kia away.  Apparently she thought the puppies needed to be introduced to a kitty, though.

Blog Archive